Post new topic   Reply to topic    UnNamed Gaming Community Forum Index -> GAMING COMMUNITY NEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluddworth
Master of the UnNamed

re: UNC in Albion Online

After having played AO during the Summer Alpha, I firmly believe that this game is a sandbox MMO that fits many aspects of what our gaming community is looking for.

1.  It is well made, with simple controls and a decent tutorial, very easy to get into.

2.  It is both casual and solo friendly, certainly up to Tier 4.3 out of 7 tiers.

3.  It is small group PVP friendly, with guild and territorial control features built around a 5v5 format.  

4.  Its gathering, refining, crafting and item equipment / skills integration is Top Notch.

5.  Small Guilds are not forced to participate in massive time dedication, just to be effective, competitive or supportive, in whatever role or level of commitment they desire.  

Closed Beta starts in a few weeks, and here you can find details on the changes they are making from alpha to that beta stage:  https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/15652-Roadmap-to-Closed-Beta/?pageNo=1

I will begin recruiting for this game directly on a number of websites, and hope that some of our current membership joins us.  

As a self described casual, small group or solo player, I found Albion one of my better MMO experiences in the past few years.  

"On Coin, Blade and Pain of Blood" 
Bluddworth
Master of the UnNamed

Build Order (Do it in EXACTLY this order please or you’ll have to do stuff again.) (Tier 1)

1. Collect 21 Tier 1 Rough Wood

2. Collect 15 Tier 1 Rough Stone

3. Craft Beginner’s Skinning Knife

4. Kill at least 2 Wabbits

5. Collect 16 Rabbit Hide

6. Craft Leather Chest

7. Craft Beginner’s Broadsword

8. Craft Beginner’s Pickaxe

9. Craft Beginner’s Hatchet

10. Craft Beginner’s Leather Shoes

11. Craft Beginner’s Leather Hood

12. Craft Beginner’s Shield

13. Check North Eastern corners for mobs to kill for Silver

Tools and Armor

Collections are for Tier 2 from this point forward

Kill creatures worth 15 Fame

At this point you are ready to collect resources to craft your Tier 2 armor and Tier 2 tool sets. Choose ONE class below and follow it’s steps.

Keep your Tier 1 Leather chest piece so you can use the skill regrowth if you need to heal between fights.

Helm & Boots, Hide Chest) Leads to Crossbow and Melee Classes

Take Heals you cast are stronger on Head, Heal Wounds on Chest, and whatever you want on feet. (Carryweight + Run recommended)

1. Collect 24 Hide (Foxes)

2. Collect 47 Tier 2 Copper Ore

3. Collect 45 Normal Wood Planks

4. Refine Resources in town (Smelter, Lumbermill, Tanner)

5. Craft Sword

6. Craft Shield

7. Craft Plate Helm (Heals you cast are stronger)

8. Craft Leather Chest

9. Craft Plate Boots (Recommended: Carryweight + run, but it doesn’t matter much at tier 2)

10. Craft each Tier 2 tool excluding Demo Hammer

Ranger: (Bow, Plate Helm & Boots, Hide Chest) Leads to Bow, Nature Staff, Offhands, Knives, Spears and Daggers

Take Heals you cast are stronger on Head, Heal Wounds on Chest and whatever you want on feet. (Carryweight + Run recommended)

1. Collect 16 Hide (Foxes)

2. Collect 31 Copper Ore

3. Collect 73 Normal Wood Planks

5. Craft Bow

6. Craft Plate Helm (Heals you cast are stronger)

7. Craft Leather Chest

8. Craft Plate Boots (Recommended: Carryweight + run, but it doesn’t matter much at tier 2)

9. Craft each tool excluding Demo Hammer

Mage: (Fire Staff, Shield, Plate Helm & Boots, Hide Chest) Leads to Magical classes.

ake Heals you cast are stronger on Head, Heal Wounds on Chest and whatever you want on feet. (Carryweight + Run recommended)

1. Collect 16 Hide (Foxes)

2. Collect 43 Copper Ore

3. Collect 57 Normal Wood Planks

5. Craft Fire Staff

6. Craft Shield

7. Craft Plate Helm (Heals you cast are stronger)

8. Craft Leather Chest

9. Craft Plate Boots (Recommended: Carryweight + run, but it doesn’t matter much at tier 2)

10. Craft each tool excluding Demo Hammer

Bluddworth
Master of the UnNamed

re: Helpful Videos

First 10 Minutes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=295&v=kokHcBxEy0U

Your Next few Steps - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWHrL1413sc

These are updated for Summer Alpha.

another video

Force Strategy Gaming - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgii3ILs-cI

This video is from Winter Alpha but still gives some good info for new players that is still relevant.

Bluddworth
Master of the UnNamed

After having play tested Albion Online during its recent Summer Alpha, it is of my opinion that this game is the Sandbox MMO that we have been looking for.  Its progress towards Closed Beta (within the next 3 motnhs) has been exceptional.  Closed Beta will last for about 3 months, to be followed by an Open Beta and then launch.  Eventhough the Alpha stages have completed, there is still great value in picking up a Founder's Pack.

What I will do is, transfer my benefit of coins to any who sign up using the code below:

https://albiononline.com/?ref=GGPRBZGWGV

Legendary = 4000 coins

Epic = 2000 coins

Veteran = 1000 coins

This is above the normal benefits you would receive if you purchased access on your own.  

I don't often pitch a game as strongly as this, and the only previous time was for Sword Coast Legends.  

If you choose to back this game, head to this forum thread and post a greeting:

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/15873-The-UnNamed-Company-NA-PVP-PVE-Casual-Friendly/

Thank you for your support,

Bluddworth

PS:  I have already had one person register and earn an Epic rebate of 2,000 coins

Bluddworth
Master of the UnNamed

Bluddworth wrote:

After having play tested Albion Online during its recent Summer Alpha, it is of my opinion that this game is the Sandbox MMO that we have been looking for.  Its progress towards Closed Beta (within the next 3 motnhs) has been exceptional.  Closed Beta will last for about 3 months, to be followed by an Open Beta and then launch.  Eventhough the Alpha stages have completed, there is still great value in picking up a Founder's Pack.

What I will do is, transfer my benefit of coins to any who sign up using the code below:

https://albiononline.com/?ref=GGPRBZGWGV

Legendary = 4000 coins

Epic = 2000 coins

Veteran = 1000 coins

This is above the normal benefits you would receive if you purchased access on your own.  

I don't often pitch a game as strongly as this, and the only previous time was for Sword Coast Legends.  

If you choose to back this game, head to this forum thread and post a greeting:

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/15873-The-UnNamed-Company-NA-PVP-PVE-Casual-Friendly/

Thank you for your support,

Bluddworth

PS:  I have already had one person register and earn an Epic rebate of 2,000 coins

Bumping this message...  Considering the issues with Pathfinder Online, I believe for as little as $30.00, Albion Online is a far better choice for our friends from PFO to move to another MMO.

Albion is built on the 5v5 model of small group PVP and even dungeon raids and territorial control are designed to function at that group size.  

A group of just five can:

*  Hold Territory

*  Compete for Dungeon Raid resources

*  Be self sufficient in gathering, and crafting needs

*  Build and manage individual player islands (non PVP area)

*  Build and manage a guild island (non PVP area)

*  Control and manage a guild territory (PVP area).  

Hit the links above in my previous post if you are interested.  

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UnNamed Gaming Community Forum Index -> GAMING COMMUNITY NEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum